With the arrival of 100+ degree temperatures pool season has officially begun. We weren't sure we wanted Jameson in the pool this early (especially with his lung & bronchial issues) the first day I handed him off to Jason in the pool, Jameson screamed and panicked before his toes were in the water. A few days later I sat on the side with my feet in and him on my lap (Jameson not Jason) he did well but cried when anyone splashed even a single drop on him. I took him inside and dressed him in one of his swim sets (he has like 12) and we got in VERY SLOOWWWLLYYY. He clung to me the entire time and freaked out if I attempted to loosen his death grip on me. The next day we repeated much of the day before. We sat on the side with just our feet then slowly got in. Barb bought a little baby boat float (WAAYY CUTE!!) we put him in that and he lounged around (that's the picture). Today, Jason only had to work in the morning so we went for a family swim. We put Jameson in the boat float again and he started kicking! It was so fun to see him propel himself through the water. We played catch and toss (that kids has quite the arm)! He did get a little too much sun on his face. I need to find a waterproof sunhat for him since the sunscreen doesn't seem to be strong enough. We will see what tomorrow brings!
"Just keep swimming!"
"Just keep swimming!"

2 comments:
Jessica! Why didn't I know you have a blog? I'm glad to find yours! Thanks for your comment on mine. Yes, we will have to set up a covert op. Let's plan it! My Brother lives in Scottsdale, so that could work out nicely.
How cute! I think they have sun hats @ Target, Wal-Mart & Babies R Us. Have a fun, swimmin' summer!
Post a Comment